The Association for Dental Education in Europe (ADEE)
Published: 13 April 2017
ADEE has been fostering convergence and promoting excellence in Dental Education since it was founded in 1975 as an independent European organization representing academic dentistry and the community of dental educators. For over 40 years ADEE, has been the voice of Dental Education in Europe and has provided a platform for the advancement of dental education by providing opportunities for its members to participate and drive the dental education agenda in Europe.
- the DentEd and DentCPD projects;
- the ADEE School visit programme;
- the Excellence in Education Awards;
- the recently launched LEADER dental education excellence programme and;
- the ADEE Scholarshipprogramme;
ADEE continues to be a leading voice in the advancement of dental education as is committed to the advancement of the highest level of health care for all people of Europe.
ADEE is committed to the advancement of the highest level of health care for all people of Europe through its mission statements:
- To promote the advancement and foster convergence towards high standards of dental education;
- To promote and help to co-ordinate peer review and quality assurance in dental education and training;
- To promote the development of assessment and examination methods To promote exchange of staff, students and programmes;
- To disseminate knowledge and understanding on education;
- To provide a European link with other bodies concerned with education, particularly dental education.
Links to international networks on medical education and accreditation:
- World Federation for Medical Education (WFME);
- The European Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education – ENQA;
- The International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE);
- The Asia-Pacific Quality Network (APQN);
- Association of Quality Assurance Agencies of the Islamic World (AQAAIW) ;
- Central and Eastern European Network of Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (CEENQA);
- The Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE);
- The Association for Dental Education in Europe (ADEE);
- The Assocation of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE);
- ORPHEUS (Organisation for PhD Education in Biomedicine and Health Sciences in the European System.) is an association of European biomedical and health science faculties and institutions;
- European Alliance for Subject-Specific and Professional Accreditation and Quality Assurance (EASPA);
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) India;
- European Quality Assurance Agency (EQAA);
- Asia Pacific Quality Register (APQR).