Published: 07 August 2017
Accreditation Council of the Eurasian Centre for Accreditation and Quality Assurance in Higher Education and Health Care (ECAQA)
The ECAQA’s Accreditation Council Member’s primary role is responsibility for making accreditation decision.
- has been established to make decisions on the accreditation of higher education institutions and educational programmes;
- is guided by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, other normative legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan in quality assurance in higher education, healthcare professions education, the ECAQA’s Constitution and Provision on Accreditation Council;
- operates in accordance with Standards and Guidelines of the Eurasian Centre for Accreditation and Quality Assurance in Higher Education and Health Care that established on the basis of the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG), the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME) Global Standards for Quality Improvement (BME, PGME, CPD, MSc) and Standards for PhD Education in Biomedicine and Health Sciences in Europe (ORPHEUS-AMSE-WFME) (the 2015 Revision) and uses pre-determined external evaluation criteria for Quality Profile of HEI to decision making process.
- carries out its activities in accordance with the Regulations on the Accreditation Council and the ECAQA’ Strategic Plan.
- discuss the recommendations and makes its contribution to further development and improvement of the ECAQA’s IQA and EQA.
Accreditation Council Composition
The ECAQA’s Accreditation Council consists of 15 Members that are highly esteemed and respected within the profession and international standing. A large majority of the members have an educational background in higher education, medicine and healthcare professions education (public health, pharmacy, dentistry, nursing), medical and clinical research.
All main groups of stakeholders are represented in the Accreditation Council:
- one third of the members are drawn from the academic staff, the management and full-time senior staff of the higher education institution (HEI) and nominated by the HEI and Healthcare Professions Education;
- one third of the members are drawn from the medical profession, including physicians in hospitals, community clinics and general practice, related health professions: pharmacist, dentists, public health professionals, academic and practicing nurses and are nominated by relevant professional associations;
- one third of the members are drawn from other main stakeholders, including Member of Kazakhstan Parliament, Governmental authorities in charge of tertiary education and healthcare professions education and the health care system, students, the public.
THE ECAQA Accreditation Council Composition