ECAQA Expert Board
Published: 06 April 2017
THE EXPERT BOARD
THE EURASIAN CENTRE FOR ACCREDITATION AND QUALITY ASSURANCE IN HIGHER EDUCATION AND HEALTH CARE (ECAQA)
The Expert Board (EB) is a permanent body that includes the Chairs of Expert Commissions on on the level of education
As part of the Expert Board, the Expert Commissions are organized according to the specialization areas and training levels on:
1) higher and postgraduate medical and pharmaceutical education (institutional and specialized/programme accreditation, including bachelor's degree programme, master's degree programme, PhD programme, residency);
2) continuing professional development/continuing education in health care (institutional and specialized/programme accreditation);
3) nursing education (institutional and specialized/programme accreditation of VET, programme accreditation of applied bachelor's degree programme and programme accreditation of bachelor's degree programme in Nursing);
4) Institutional accreditation of the Simulation Centers. Standards for Accreditation and Procedures for Self-Evaluation of Simulation Centres in Medicine and Healthcare are based on an analysis of international experience in simulation-based training and simulation-based programme evaluation methodology of The Society in Europe for Simulation Applied to Medicine (SESAM), Denmark, and The Committee for Accreditation of Healthcare Simulation Programmes of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare/SSH, USA, in accordance with the institutional needs and priorities of medical education, nursing education, healthcare system of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
5) higher, postgraduate and continuing education (institutional and specialized/programme accreditation, including bachelor's degree programme, master's degree programme, PhD programme, CPD).
The Expert Board responsibilities:
To involve faculty, administrative and management staff of medical education organisations, HEIs, continuing education organisations, employees of government institutions and research organisations as ECAQA experts in the accreditation process and external evaluation of educational organisations and/or educational programmes.
To involve leaders and employees of various organisations and institutions as ECAQA expert-employers in the accreditation process, external evaluation of the activities of educational organisations and/or educational programmes.
To create the database of experts who are nominated from the appropriate organisations, including international associations and organisations, on the basis of compliance with qualification requirements.
To conduct training of experts (academic experts, employers, students).
To develop and review the Standards and Guides for institutional/specialized accreditation of educational organisations/educational programmes.
To develop proposals for improving institutional processes and internal mechanisms for quality assurance of medical education organisations, HEIs, continuing education organisations and improving educational programmes based on the results of an external evaluation.