Published: 13 November 2017
The International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE)
The ECAQA has become a Full Member of the INQAAHE
The International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE) is a world-wide association of organisations that are active in the theory and practice of quality assurance (QA) in higher education (HE). The greater majority of its members are quality assurance agencies (as Full members) that operate in many different ways. However, the Network also welcomes (as Associate member) other organisations that have an interest in QA in HE, and individuals with major interest in HE (as Affiliates). INQAAHE thus offers its members the many benefits of being part of such an active group of workers in QA in HE.
INQAAHE was established in 1991 with only 8 members. Today the total membership exceeds 280 members. HE has dramatically changed over the last decades. Distance education as well as vocational education have become increasingly more important as is the need for recognition of prior learning. HE has become more global than ever before. Professional accreditation has become more important as more higher education institutions (HEI) delivering programs in different modes enter the market. All these have thrust the QA agencies into ever expanding roles.
INQAAHE is a QA community, with shared interests, a common language and an understanding of how things are done with regard to a very specific field of work. It provides a forum for the discussion of global issues that go beyond national or regional boundaries, such as cross border education. Members have the opportunity to learn from what others are doing, both from their successes and their failures, and thus have now set the ground for the development of a QA profession.
The Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency
C. dels Vergós, 36-42
Tel: +34 93 268 89 50
Links to international networks on medical education and accreditation:
- World Federation for Medical Education (WFME);
- The European Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education – ENQA;
- The International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE);
- The Asia-Pacific Quality Network (APQN);
- Association of Quality Assurance Agencies of the Islamic World (AQAAIW) ;
- Central and Eastern European Network of Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (CEENQA);
- The Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE);
- The Association for Dental Education in Europe (ADEE);
- The Assocation of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE);
- ORPHEUS (Organisation for PhD Education in Biomedicine and Health Sciences in the European System.) is an association of European biomedical and health science faculties and institutions;
- European Alliance for Subject-Specific and Professional Accreditation and Quality Assurance (EASPA);
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) India;
- European Quality Assurance Agency (EQAA);
- Asia Pacific Quality Register (APQR).