Association of Quality Assurance Agencies of the Islamic World (AQAAIW)
Published: 12 April 2017
Previously acronymed AQAAIW, the “Association of Quality Assurance Agencies of the Islamic World” was created on May 4th, 2011, at Astana, Kazakhstan, where its Constitution was adopted.
AQAAIW was founded in May 4, 2011 as an association of quality assurance agencies of education and public authorities, responsible for the quality of higher education in the Islamic world.
The purpose of AQAAIW is to stimulate and improve the quality of higher education in the Islamic world.
AQAAIW has the following objectives:
- enhance the capacity of quality assurance agencies of education in the Islamic world;
- promote cooperation and exchange of best practices and expertise between quality assurance agencies in the Islamic world;
- encourage cooperation with regional and international organizations of the education quality assurance;
AQAAIW involves two categories of membership: full and associate. As full members of AQAAIW can be government agencies of external quality assurance or public authorities responsible for external quality assurance of higher education in the Islamic world, or other organizations approved by the Executive Committee. Associate members of AQAAIW can be interested organizations from Islamic countries that are actively involved in the evaluation process, accreditation, maintain or enhance the quality of higher education approved by the Executive Committee.
Currently, there are 37 members in AQAAIW: 16 - full, 21 - associated.
IAAR is a full member of the AQAAIW. More you can find on http://www.mqa.gov.my/aqaaiw/
Links to international networks on medical education and accreditation:
- World Federation for Medical Education (WFME);
- The European Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education – ENQA;
- The International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE);
- The Asia-Pacific Quality Network (APQN);
- Association of Quality Assurance Agencies of the Islamic World (AQAAIW) ;
- Central and Eastern European Network of Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (CEENQA);
- The Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE);
- The Association for Dental Education in Europe (ADEE);
- The Assocation of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE);
- ORPHEUS (Organisation for PhD Education in Biomedicine and Health Sciences in the European System.) is an association of European biomedical and health science faculties and institutions;
- European Alliance for Subject-Specific and Professional Accreditation and Quality Assurance (EASPA);
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) India;
- European Quality Assurance Agency (EQAA);
- Asia Pacific Quality Register (APQR).